110g/4oz butter or margarine, softened at room temperature
110g/4oz caster sugar
2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
110g/4oz self-raising flour
1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and set the cupcake cases out on a baking tray.
- Make sure the butter is soft before you start. Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix together until it looks fluffy.
- Add the eggs and mix them in.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Add into the cupcake cases
Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until just risen and form to the touch.
When they have cooled down decorated I did mine in a princess style perfect for a Princess Party!