- 2 full slices Ham cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup grated strong or mature cheese
- 4-5 strips of Green pepper
- 6 basil leaves
- ¼ cup of milk
- Salt and pepper
- Butter for frying
1. Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Add the grated cheese, peppers, basil and milk to the eggs, stir together and season.
3. Heat a medium sized non-stick pan and add butter. When butter is melted and bubbling add the egg mix, it should fill out to the edges of the pan, turn heat to medium-low and leave for 8 minutes.
4. Using a butter knife or spatula gently lift away one side of the omelette to see if the mix is firm on the bottom. It should be a nice gold colour and lift away easily from the side of the pan.
6. When the top is gold and the omelette is firm all the way through slice it into wedges and if you wish serve with a seasonal salad.